I have a child who is more difficult than the others. It takes him longer to understand things and he forgets all the time what he is doing.It is difficult to understand his thinking. He gets focused on one thing for a long time and can not seem to process anything but what he is obsessed with. His questions and answers sound off the wall. He has a short temper and frequently erupts at others, yelling at other kids or adults with out fear of consequences. He has little patience with his younger brother. He is a sweetheart but can be so annoying to others with no regard for another's personal space. He is an extremely picky eater. Eating only a few things and frequently declaring even his most favorite food unsuitable for inpreceptable reasons.
Others outside our family are frequently offended by this child. I so do not wish to pursue a label (diagnosis) for him as I think it might make things more difficult for him later in life. I sometimes think that it might make it easier to get others to understand if I had a label to explain. I think labels are overused on our society to explain kids that are out of control. Weather than invest the hard work and patience to train this kids to be part of society, we medicate them. I do think that there are more kids than ever with behavioral problems due to our sinful world, our decaying standards and constant entertainment, poor diet and a general expectation that life should be easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment