Monday, March 5, 2012

Endangered Ark

On the first Saturday of each month, there is suppose to be a tour of the Endangered Ark Foundation. It is an santuracy for elephants in Hugo, Ok. I have been trying to take the kids to see the elephants for almost a year. We drove down once last year but because I called ahead, I was told the tour was at 12 instead of 11 like it was listed. We showed up at 12 and it was over. Then between baseball, tball and pregnancy or just plain forgetting we have not made it back until this month. We pulled up at 5 min to 11. There were already a couple of cars waiting too. The gate was closed. We waited patiently while I fed Sarah. Eventually, a lady came and said the tours were cancelled until farther notice but the kids could go see the camels if we wanted. So off we went to see the camels and we saw goats, a yak, a zebra and some donkeys. Then a different lady came and said that we could follow her in our cars but we could not get out. So we got to see from the van which was much better than nothing. We saw baby Val who is 4 years old and baby Hugo who was just shy of one year old. We will have to try to go back when the tours are going again.
Caleb took most of our pictures since I was driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment