I woke up today feeling rather tired and not wanting to face a new day
but today I will chose JOY.
I feed the baby and walked into a dirty kitchen
but today I will chose JOY.
My husband does not like his lunch packed at home but longs for the days he ate fast food everyday
but today I chose JOY.
I worry about his health and have been getting excited about making him healthy food
but today I chose JOY.
The baby cries, the toddler screams, the older children whine
but today I chose JOY.
and so a new day begins and we are behind in school. No one seems able to focus
but today I chose JOY.
My son, who is suppose to be doing school work on the computer is instead searching for toys online I tell him no and to get back to his school.
Today I chose JOY.
Later, I see he is back to searching for toys on line and realize he is on ebay, my account is autologged in and he has clicked buy it now on a expensive action figure with a huge shipping charge. there is no way out of the purchase now. It costs more than I have. I want to cry.
But I chose JOY.
The other kids start throwing fits, 'I want to buy a toy too!" I want to curl up in a ball on my bed and cry and never face the world again
but today I chose JOY.
Their bedrooms are a mess, the kids haven't correctly and completely done a chore in a long time
but today I chose JOY.
Why?
Because I know that the JOY of the Lord is my strenght and that he is faithful to meet my needs. God is good and faithful and deserves my praise all the time. even if today is one of 'those' days! And I know, that no matter how I feel, these children are an amazing blessing in my life and are worth every moment I spend with them and every gray hair I might get from them!
This brought me to tears! WHat a great reminder of his gifts and that HE is our JOy which gives us strength to go on.
ReplyDelete