Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pastor David's devotionals

One of Pastor David's recent devotionals on facebook dealt with offenses. We chose to accept offenses when we get offended. Just like when someone offers a good deal on stolen items, I can chose to say no thank you. When someone offers an offense, whether it is intentional or not, I can choose to not be offended.
Today's devotional talked about the rules of being offended. Just like games have rules and different people play by different rules for the same games sometimes. So sometimes to play with someone else you have to play by their rules. But we can chose to not play by the rules of being offended. Rules of offense:
Rule#1 relationships do not matter. An offense will become angry at anybody, be it a friend, family, boss or church family. That offense trumps the relationships.
Rule #2 the offense will grow! No offense stays the same size. It will grow until it involves other people. It will grow until it dominates your thinking.
Rule #3 An offense is never wrong. When it assumes the worst, it must be right.
Rule #4 An offense likes to stay around for a long, long time. It will back off for a while only to spring back up to remind you of a a past injury.
Rule #5 An offense robs us of our peace.

So it is better for me and those around me if I chose to not play offense's game. Jesus helps me to say No. He also helps me when I forget and begin to play. He tells me to repent, do what I can to repair the damage and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment