Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Love being homeschoolers

                                                So Malachi rolls from his tummy to his back! He has been rolling over for a week or so but it was more dramatic at the lake.
                              Liliana helping Sarah get into her floaty.
                                    Cooling off on a hot day.
                                         Malachi enjoying being outside too.
                                   The boys love trying to make big splashes.
                                          The girls were trying to find rocks to throw to try to skip. Liliana can usually get it to skip twice. Sarah's main focus may have been to not fall over in her lifejacket.
                                      Malachi tries the floaty. While he can sit up well in it, he is totally obsessed with the lake water and is almost desperate to attempt to lick it the entire time he is in the lake.

                Sarah taking a break from the lake. She is very pleased with herself for taking my chair.
 Sarah decided that a rock climbing adventure was in order. I think her goal might have been the van but not really sure. She was really proud of herself when she climbed to the top and very upset with me for taking her back down.
                                   Trying out the tubes with the water guns in. The guns got stopped up quickly. Good thing the tubes were fun without them.
                                                          Burying Caleb in the sand.

                                 Building a sand volcano, we seem to be into building volcanos right now.
                           Christopher and Liliana playing music at the park while Sarah sings.

So it was a hot day, I thought we could grab some of our schoolwork and head to the lake. I knew that I had to wash a load of clothes for Eric before I went and I needed to nurse Malachi. I sorted the clothes and loaded the washer. Then I realized that I didn't make anymore laundry soap although I had been meaning to. So I fed Malachi, made a small batch of soap and started the washer. Then I ordered pizza and loaded our float into the van. Liliana filled up some water bottles for us. I hung out the laundry. We got swimsuits and towels for everyone. We went by the library to find out if they didn't give us the movie that we checked out the day before, bought ice for the cooler and picked up our pizza. Then we got gas and finally headed for the lake about three hours after I thought I would just throw everything together and head out quickly. I forgot all the schoolwork. So we just had a good time at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment