Saturday, January 21, 2012

chores

Once again, I am trying to get kids to do chores. I am assigning a room to each of the three older kids for a week to clean. This week, I assigned Liliana the living room to pick up and vaccum, Caleb the kitchen to pick up the floor and sweep, and Qorban the bathroom to wipe down. Next week they will switch rooms. I am going to come up with 5 weekly tasks to be done in each zone that can be done one each day like dusting, cleaning out couch, wiping down light switches and doors, wiping down cabinets and cleaning glass.
Right now, it is Saturday and the bathroom has been wiped down which was pretty easy cause I broke the pipe a couple of days ago and so the floor was throughly cleaned. I did the tub this week and since I have been cleaning out cloth diapers, the toilet looks good almost all the time.It is hard for me to keep kids doing their chores and not just do them for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment